- About Us
- Lead Paint
- Lead Batteries
Lead Paint Resources
Lead Hazard Fact Sheets
The following fact sheets provide basic information on lead hazards for general use in the U.S. Most of the information presented is relevant to any occupational or environmental exposure to lead, but all would require some editing for use in other countries. As these fact sheets are produced by government entities, they can be edited and published without fear of copyright protection.
Information in the various languages can be found below:
Childhood Lead Exposures:
- Lead Poisoning in Children Facts [English], [Bosnian], [Chinese], [Farsi], [French], [Russian], [Spanish], [Urdu], [Vietnamese]
- Steps to Protect your Child from Lead [Chinese], [English], [Hmong], [Lao], [Spanish], [Vietnamese]
- Steps to Lower Child BLLs [English], [Hmong], [Somali], [Spanish]
- Lead and Pregnancy [English], [Hmong], [Spanish]
- Lead in the Home [English], [Hmong], [Somali], [Spanish]
Occupational Lead Exposure:
- Lead in the Workplace [English], [Greek], [Polish], [Portuguese], [Spanish]
- Preventing Lead Exposure at Work [Tamil]
- Medical Guidelines for Lead Exposure [English]
- Don't Take Lead Home [English], [Spanish]
Lead in Vehicle Batteries:
Select List of References
Clark CS, Rampal K, Thuppil V, Roda S, Succop P, Menrath W, Chen CK, Adebamowo EO, Agbede OA, Sridhar KC, Adebamowo CA, Zakaria Y, El-Safty A, Shinde RM, Yu J. Lead levels in new enamel household paints from Asia, Africa, and South America. Environ Res 2009; 109: 930-936.
Adebamowo EO, Clark CS, Roda S, Agbede OA, Sridhar MKC, Adebamowo CA. Lead content of dried films of domestic paints currently sold in Nigeria. Sci Total Environ 2007; 388:116-120.
Clark CS, Rampal KG, Thuppil V, Chen CK, Clark R, Roda S. The lead content of currently available new residential paint in several Asian countries. Environ Res 2006; 102:9-12.
Kumar A, Gottesfeld P. Lead content in household paints in India. Sci Total Environ 2008; 407:333-337.
Lin GZ, Peng RF, Chen Q, Wu ZG, Du L. Lead in housing paints: an exposure still not taken seriously for children lead poisoning in China. Environ Res 2009; 109:1-5.
Mathee A, Rollin H, Levin J, Naik I. Lead in paint: three decades later and still a hazard for African children?. Environ Health Perspect 2007; 115:321-322.
Rabin R. Warnings unheeded: a history of child lead poisoning. Am J Public Health 1989; 79(12): 1668-1674.
Warren C. Brush With Death: A Social History of Lead Poisoning. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore MD, 2000.